And 'round, the subtle shaking.
What kept me awake to watch the screen turned off the TV. That
a few years ago. That's when you opened the newspaper and each time came disheartening news.
Panic ... sinister and treacherous companion.
Not for me. I live in a country where everything seems quiet, where the pizza, the Mafia and the mandolin are our presentation of papers abroad.
abroad.
That 's what scares me.
mind, terrible companion, active, sometimes too much. Arrives before the constructive reasoning, and imagine flying tragedies. I can not razionalizzare, è più forte di me.
Ma come essere tranquilli in un momento dove l'effetto domino delle guerriglie e delle rivolte era già nell'aria.
E tu rivivi i momenti in cui la sentivi al telefono, serena, che cercava di calmarti, mentre in lontananza gli spari dei fucili si facevano sentire.
L'Africa... un mondo meraviglioso dove la morte gioca con l'uomo, tenendolo saldamente per mano, dove la terra si mischia al sangue delle madri e dei padri ancestrali, dove il sole ha prosciugato l'acqua ma non le riserve... di greggio.
Ecco... di nuovo quella sottile angoscia. Gli articoli dei giornali sparati in faccia dagli amici, per informarti non sapendo che queste sono le ultime notizie che vorresti sentire, why scare you.
And you must keep quiet not to disturb. And you have to find the right words to try to understand how they are. And you have to hide adverbs to know if they know what is happening ... because the Italians living abroad are often the last to know.
A date ... a deadline. How can you live with a deadline in the calendar?
're happy, I tell myself. Yes .. I have to stay calm.
I write, I vent, I'm afraid. A fear no sense but I can not do much and I could not do much anyway. I'm here, they will. All. Large and small ... small.
Glued to the newspapers, his heart beats ... for his children.
0 comments:
Post a Comment